The Sunday River Snowsports School is looking for a lead trainer to develop and enhance training within the Snowsports The lead trainer positions primary responsibilities is to set the training vision and direction of the Sunday River Snowsports School in conjunction with the Director and leadership team. This position leads by example by being the primary on hill trainer in addition to guiding and supporting all trainers to deliver the highest level of service to our internal customers; snowsports instructors. The lead trainer is the connection between administrative set up and delivery of the snowsports training program.
The Lead Trainer will be responsible for generating and organizing training topics, as well as creating the framework and delivery for instructors’ personal development, preseason, new hire and certification training. This will encompass all resort instructors including children and adult group lesson instructors, as well as private and seasonal program instructors.
This role will flex between responsibilities in response to business level and team needs by teaching during peak times, while also creating a season long training program that balances continuing educational needs for our instructors and meeting the demands of our business.
The lead trainer is instrumental in helping develop a community of educators through inspiring personal and professional growth in snowsports.
The Sunday River SnowSports School team members are enthusiastic, ambitious, thrive in the outdoors, love the mountain lifestyle, have a positive “get ‘er done attitude” and are passionate about skiing and snowboarding. If that sounds like you, we want you on our team!
Core Responsibilities for the Snow Sports School Team Member:
- Advocate of Safety – Team members are expected to promote and act as a role model of the responsibility code, Park Etiquette and Education Program, and Sunday River’s safety policies.
- Commitment to Exceptional Guest Service – Team members are expected to provide all guests and team members with a caring and inspirational guided Snowsports experience that includes safety, fun and learning as the foundation. Every guest and team member interaction should be focused on sharing our passion for Snowsports and creating lifelong skiers and snowboarders.
- Support Teamwork – Team members are expected to work effectively and efficiently with fellow team members and managers, fulfill schedule commitments and add availability during peak times, be on time and prepared for work, be pro-active and be willing to take on more responsibilities as needed and accept daily lesson assignments with a positive “can-do” attitude!
- Pursue Professional Development – Team members should actively access their skills and seek feedback and guidance from other team members, trainers and managers that can support their development. Team members should be committed to improving, learning, and developing as a SnowSports team member and SnowSports athlete, we are always “green and growing” and are always striving to be the best instructor we can be!
- Train and build a team of trainers who can deliver a clear message of training and who are qualified to lead specific training sessions. Developing a core group of trainers who can lead and implement training.
- Build a community around a strong training culture that creates connection among staff, enhancing the product for our guests that visit the Sunday River Snowsports School.
- Use of Sunday River Snowsports School instructing and skiing/riding model as well as utilizing PSIA/AASI philosophies in training clinics.
- Track training attendance and communicate with snowsports school management team to ensure compliance of training requirements.
- Produce written material for team members alongside training as needed.
- Plan and implement an early season training plan for returning and new team members.
- Work with the snowsports management team to create a season long training program that meets the needs of our instructors and guests.
- Increase team member certification within PSIA/AASI organizations.
- Work alongside trainers leading clinics and working with staff to grow and inspire future snowsports educators. Lead daily group lessons for children, private, adult and seasonal programs.
- Create a culture of growth for instructors through opportunities including training, team teaching and mentorship.
- Provide constructive feedback to instructors and observe lessons to provide training opportunities to enhance the guest experience and increase the instructor’s performance.
- Assist instructors and guests on the hill in lessons as needed.
- Always maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- Perform any additional tasks requested by your supervisor.
- Assist other departments when requested.
- PSIA/ASSI Educational staff member or PSIA/ASSI level 3 Resort Trainer
- Be committed to help improve instructors through opportunities including training, team teaching and mentorship.
- Use the skiing/riding model as well as utilizing PSIA/AASI philosophies.
- Be able to communicate well with guests, both children and adults, other team members and managers. Clear, courteous, and timely communication skills are required.
- Willingness to work with children and adults of various ages, experience, athletic abilities, and desires as it relates to Snowsports.
- Ability to keep a positive outlook, problem solve, improvise, adapt, adjust, and overcome challenges in the learning environment as needed.
- Ability to guide quality Snowsports experiences for guests and team members, time and time again.
All seasonal Team Members at the Sunday River SnowSports School receive:
- FREE Sunday River Season Pass. Part Time and Full-Time employees also receive a Season Pass valid at Sugarloaf and Loon.
- Full Time team members are eligible for Season Pass benefits for their dependents.
- Full Time and Part Time team members are eligible for discounted skiing at other Boyne resorts.
- Discounted lodging opportunities at Sunday River and other Boyne resorts.
- Discounted ski/snowboard lessons, rentals, retail, restaurants/cafeterias, childcare, and other resort services at Sunday River.
- Full Time employees are eligible for affordable employee housing.
- Reimbursement for personal development certifications including PSIA/AASI.