Website Crystal Mountain
– JOB DESCRIPTION –
Position Title: Snowsports Supervisor
Business Unit: Snowsports
Position Reports to: Managers, Assistant Director, Director
Positions Reporting to this Role: Instructors, Leads
- Oversee the set up and take down of lesson meeting areas.
- Lead the process of forming classes by matching student’s level of ability and skill level while balancing class sizes with the guest experience and efficiencies. This includes an awareness of class sizes vs daily class ratio goals.
- Follow up when the class go out immediately with a presence on the hill to help facilitate problems such as splits and observe instructor behavior. Be a trainer and resource to the instructors for guidance and direction.
- Communicate effectively with the sales desk to determine staff and product availability and instructor assignments.
- Participate in scheduling instructors and facilitate scheduling changes.
- Actively support and promote the “Employee Engagement Program”.
- Could be asked to instruct a variety of levels of skiers or snowboarders while placing guest safety as the highest priority.
- Act as an information and guest service resource to customers and other departments as required. This includes solving guest service problems and taking a lead role in solving conflicts.
- Attend training sessions and participate in training activities to contribute to ongoing professional development.
- Other duties as assigned that may include set up and take down of lesson meeting areas, assistance in the rental shop or kids club areas.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must have strong customer service skills to be able to effectively communicate with people of all ages.
- Ability to take direction and work well in a team environment.
- Level two PSIA or AASI with some training background required.
- Other previous teaching, coaching or mentoring experience preferred also.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position may be required to work evenings, weekends and holidays while in operation.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to communicate with computers, phones, and/or mobile devices.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on skis/snowboard standing, sliding sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Able to spend long periods outside without breaks. (Minimum 2 hours)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to MBirch-Jones@skicrystal.com