Website Crystal Mountain
Position Title: Snowsports Youth Program Manager
Business Unit: Snowsports
Position Reports to: Assistant Director, Director
Positions Reporting to this Role: Supervisors, Leads, Instructors
Location: Crystal Mountain, Washington State
- Uphold, promote and support the Snowsport School vision of fostering a community of passionate skiers and riders.
- Lead the strategic direction of the Children’s Snowsports product, (4 to 12yrs old), including daily group lesson products and the Terrain Based Learning activity area.
- Train and lead staff both indoors and on the snow with Children’s check in procedures, policy and class splits. Work closely with the Leadership team on guest service initiatives in all of the Children’s areas.
- Mentor and train Supervisors and Leads to monitor classes and the overall guest experience. Track class sizes and ratios for efficiency and effective use of resources.
- Create, implement and oversee daily set up and take down of the “Terrain Based Learning” area and other outside children’s areas.
- Work with the training staff and the Assistant Director on Children specific training both on snow and indoors.
- Communicate with the Sales staff with information on Children’s products. Monitor presales and daily sales to adjust staffing levels accordingly while communicating with other Snowsports business units to share resources.
- Assist with recruiting and preseason set up of the Children’s Snowsports school.
- Act as the point person for Guest Recovery scenarios for Children’s Snowsport products. Be the Liaison to the parents for daily children’s lesson products.
- Assist in staff mid-year and end of year performance reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job description is an overview of the scope of responsibilities and is not intended to be an inclusive list of job tasks and expectations. With the evolution of this resort and position, the responsibilities of this position may change.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Supervisory experience in a children’s Snowsports school.
- Level 3 PSIA or AASI preferred with training experience of Children’s Snowsports instructors.
- Ability to create and implement ideas for great youth experiences on snow.
- Five years plus experience in Snowsports operations preferred.
- Must have experience in Office products.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills at all levels.
- Leadership skills with the ability to assess, motivate and train staff.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- This position is required to work evenings, weekends and holidays while in operation.
- Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move and position a minimum of 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other common office equipment on a constant basis.
- Auditory and visual acuity to communicate with computers, phones, and mobile devices and basic office equipment on a constant basis.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time on skis/snowboards standing, sliding, sitting, bending, reaching, and speaking on a constant basis.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
- Able to spend long periods outside without breaks. (Minimum 2 hours)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to MBirch-Jones@skicrystal.com