Website Mount Sunapee Resort
Ski & Ride School Training Team Lead
Location: Mount Sunapee Ski and Ride School (Newbury, NH)
Can you be the energy source for your staff? Can you lead by example, because you love to teach skiing ? The Ski and Snowboard School Team Lead for Staff Training is a member of the Ski and Ride School leadership team: responsible for the quality assurance and overall staff education and development of the teaching staff. With guidance from the SRS Manager, this position is responsible for the job specific training, clinic content, developing the training schedule and assignment of staff trainers to lead clinics. This leader is also responsible for promoting workplace safety programs, conducting instructor on-hill observations to review product quality while offering feedback and participating in evaluations. Responsible for regular interaction with guests and staff to solicit feedback, may be called upon to resolve conflicts, and accommodate guest service. Works closely with other leads and supervisors in the Ski and Ride School and other departments as needed. Come join the Vail Resorts Family! To apply go to https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com. Summer opportunities also available.
- Guest experience
- Ensure the highest level of quality in regards to private or group lessons and overall ski/snowboard school experience
- Staff communication to include participation in daily morning meetings, monthly staff meetings, instructor messaging for company/department updates utilizing social media, e-mail, instructor messaging and morning meetings. Post training information regularly. Responsible for achieving or exceeding expectations in Employee Engagement Survey metrics
- Safety in regards to reviewing product quality and instructor performance and class handling, including monitoring of suggested and prescribed routes
- Conduct work place safety initiatives to include facilitating mandatory safety training/clinics, incident tracking and communication to reward the staff when safety and wellness goals are met.
- Work with SRS Manager to understand and implement training budget.
- Schedule and staff training clinics to maximize impact for investment in both time and wages.
- Understanding of our ski school-wide, resort-wide, and enterprise-wide business strategies. Strong ability to communicate the connection between those strategies and the priorities of instructors
- Lead team members in their professional development for teaching skiing and snowboarding to our guests. use ongoing communication, evaluation and feedback to our staff trainers and instructors.
- High School Diploma
- Proficient in reading, writing, and communicating in English
- Minimum of three years as a full-time instructor or five years as a part time instructor for a recognized ski/snowboard school
- Considerable experience as an Instructor Trainer or Ski School Supervisor is highly recommended
- Current PSIA Level 3 and Children’s Specialist highly valued, PSIA Educational Staff or Candidate preferred.
- RPOS, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Social Media, Written Communication skills required
- Verbal communication in person and via telephone with guests, instructors and management
- Vail Resorts has one of the most competitive pay scales in the industry. Hourly rate will be reflected upon candidates experience and merits of certification. Come be a part of the Vail Resorts family.
To apply go to https://jobs.vailresortscareers.com
To apply for this job email your details to Joseph.A.Hanzalik@vailresorts.com