Website Northstar California
Vail Resorts Director of Skier Services at Northstar
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development program, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
Join us to create your Experience of a Lifetime!
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Outlet: Northstar
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Full Time / Year Round
The Director of Skier Services is responsible for the overall quality of the guest and employee experience at Northstar Ski Resort for Ski and Snowboard School, The Northstar Teams Program, Cross Country Center, Scanning and Summer Bike Academy. Specific focuses include: leadership management and development of teams; safety culture and record; budget responsibilities including revenue & expense oversight & forecasting; capital project coordination; communication and interaction with guests and safety performance. As a member of the Resort’s senior leadership team the position assists in the development, communication and implementation of Resort goals & initiatives. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Direct and monitor quality of overall Ski and Snowboard School department’s products and staff to ensure exceptional guest experience, alignment with Resort and Company goals, financial success, and development of future products/programs.
- Work with Managers and Supervisors to ensure accountability for the quality of products and services for the guests and employees. Provide feedback, growth opportunities, leadership opportunities and appropriate training to develop Ski and Snowboard School, Teams, Cross Country and Scanning leaders.
- Leadership personnel management including hiring, training, performance reviews, coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Partner with Mountain Operations leaders on terrain management, designated teaching routes, terrain expansion, grooming priorities, and additional management of shared operations on a daily basis.
- Foster a culture of safety that ensures the highest level of safety for our employees and guests. Drive safety results that are consistent with our company expectations, and instill a culture of accountability around safety performance.
- Help create and implement training plans and monitor the quality of training throughout the season.
- Stay current on guest and employee health and safety regulations, including MSDS standards, universal precautions, and state required background checks.
- Actively seek information about industry trends, competitions, and events, and remain involved with professional organizations (ISIA, PSIA/AASI, USSSA, USASA).
- Work with other Resort Ski School Directors on best practice program including program offerings; safety initiatives; instructor training, etc.
- Monitor and maintain quality and appearance of buildings, sales facilities – both on mountain and at the base area, organizational yard, signage and program imaging, teaching terrain, and locker rooms.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 5+ years of experience as a leader or manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Previous guest service experience
- Ability to ski and/or snowboard
- Ability to stand for long periods of time throughout the day
- College Bachelor’s Degree
- Current PSIA/AASI level certification
- Previous experience as a Skier Services or Product Sales & Sevices Leader
- Leading multiple lines of business and/or operations
- Previous experience working for Vail Resorts
- Previous experience with PeopleSoft, RPOS, ProConnect
- Experience as a full time ski/snowboard instructor
The budgeted range starts at $89,800 – $107,800 + annual bonus + equity. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job email your details to HKatkish@vailresorts.com