Aside from turning skiing and riding into a legit dream job, there are many benefits that come with being a PSIA-AASI member. Check out this Guide to Membership.
Membership Deepens Your Knowledge and Credibility Through:
- Nationally recognized certifications for adaptive, alpine, cross country, snowboard, and telemark disciplines, as well as specialist certificates for children’s and freestyle instruction.
- Thousands of educational clinics and exams available across the country from each member’s division, which will improve your skiing, riding, and teaching
- Industry-leading division events, as well as PSIA-AASI National Academy and PSIA-AASI National Adaptive Academy
Membership Pays for Itself With:
- Hundreds of members-only discounted products from PSIA-AASI Official Suppliers and the PSIA-AASI Catalog
- Free online teaching resources to aid your learning and your teaching
- Access to 29 different teaching resources and technical manuals that help you hone your craft
- Free subscription to 32 Degrees: The Journal of Professional Snowsports Instruction, featuring the latest teaching tactics and industry trends
Membership Keeps You Connected To:
Membership Promotes Your Passion By:
- Providing platforms to market yourself and make powerful connections with other instructors and the public through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, and other social media channels
- Educating the public on the benefits of instruction through such programs as Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month and the Bring a Friend Challenge
Membership Can Advance Your Career
- Many instructors become members of PSIA-AASI to become a better teacher or advance at their ski/ride school.
- Instructors that are better teachers provide more value to their employer.
- A level III instructor is considered an expert in their craft; this certification can open doors that expand outside of the snowsports industry.
- You can travel the world teaching people to ski and snowboard with this transferable and highly marketable credential.
International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA) Stamp
Are you a certified Level III member planning a trip to enjoy the slopes in Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Canada or South America? Apply for an International Ski Instructors Association (ISIA) Passbook before you go, and it might help you get discounted lift tickets. While it’s up to the individual resorts to determine if the ISIA Passbook confers discounts or benefits at that resort, the $25 you spend could be a sound investment in access to foreign resorts. The ISIA Passbook may also prove beneficial if you are applying for a job at an international resort. Learn more about this member benefit here.