Make plans to ski with PSIA Alpine Team members and learn new training and management skills at the PSIA-AASI National Snowsports Management Seminar.
Held as part of the National Ski Areas Association Winter Conferences, PSIA-AASI will host two seminars this winter.
This added day will dive deep into snowsports management topics and trends impacting the industry. The one-day seminars will feature an on-snow portion in the morning followed by indoor discussions in the afternoon.
Through the National Snowsports Management Seminar, PSIA-AASI aims to create a collaborative environment where industry professionals can provide specific examples of snowsports mismanagement and attendees can work together to find collective answers.
This seminar will be led by two of the top PSIA-AASI National Team members Matt Boyd and Ann Shorling. Over the years, Matt and Ann have been at the forefront of building the Learning Connection Model and diving deeper into the fundamentals of our Teaching and People Skills.
Join Matt and Ann in this one-day seminar that will focus on Learning Connection Model training to ensure your snowsports school teams have the teaching and people skills needed to connect with resort guests.
After attending the National Snowsports Management Seminar, you will:
- Have a complete understanding of the LCM, the fundamentals that support it, and the impact the LCM can have on their staff and bottom line.
- Understand the director’s and / or trainer’s role in working with the LCM.
- Understand the baseline components of both developing and evaluating Teaching Skills and People Skills for staff members.
- Have a common language for People and Teaching Skills to help build a foundation for these skills at your home resort.
- Collaborate with other directors to generate actionable tools to foster teaching and people skills at your school
- See real-life examples of Teaching and People skills in the training environment.
Registration for the third annual National Snowsports Management Seminar, held in conjunction with the NSAA's Western and Eastern Winter Conferences and hosted by PSIA-AASI, is now open.