Petition Guide and On-Line Form
Any member in good standing has the right to ‘petition’ for an exception to our stated Certification Policies. Please allow up to 10 business days for a decision to be granted.
Petitioning members must show an extremely high level of competency in the discipline that they are challenging to be considered qualified applicants for the petition process.
Petitioner Check List
- Petitions must be submitted using the form below (or in writing)
- The petitioner must be a member in good standing (i.e. dues and education requirements current) with PSIA-AASI-W.
- The petitioner must be currently working as a Professional Ski or Snowboard Instructor.
- The petitioner must show the qualities and traits of a successful candidate with reasonable promise of attaining the standards required for the level of Certification being petitioned. An endorsement from a current Western Division Education Staff Team Member in the appropriate discipline attesting to the candidate’s commitment to a training program and probable readiness for the exam level being challenged is REQUIRED.
- Petitioner should be enrolled in an on going training program that is registered with PSIA-AASI-W or equivalent.
- The Official Petition Form and any needed attachments from a current Western Division Education Staff Team Member endorsing the candidate’s commitment to a training program and probable readiness for the Exam Level being challenged need to be completed by a current Tech Team Member.
- COVER LETTER- The petitioner must write a letter of introductory to the Divisional Discipline Chair stating the candidate’s justification for why they should be allowed to challenge the given level of certification and any other petitioning needs; please be thorough yet concise.
If a petitioner does not meet these minimum criteria they must address and justify each point of deficiency in their petition letter.
For questions about this process, contact the PSIA-AASI-W office: email@example.com