Cross Country Academy
Event: Cross Country Academy 2019
Dates: Dec. 1 - 3, 2019
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana.
Travel Accommodations: Book on your own.
CEUs: 6 Continuing Education Credits for each day
Open to: PSIA-AASI Members and non-members (non-members will create an account when registering and will pay an additional registration fee of $25)
- Early registration $25 discount ends Oct. 11, 2019
- Registration ends Nov. 29, 2019
- Cancel before Sunday Nov. 17, 2019 to receive a full refund
- Cancel between Nov. 17 and Nov. 27 to receive a 50% refund
- Cancellations after Nov. 27. are non-refundable
Cross Country Academy 2019 features three days of early season skiing on West Yellowstone’s famous Rendezvous trail system. Join PSIA’s Cross Country Team Mmembers David Lawrence, Emily Lovett, Greg Rhodes, and special guests for on snow clinics and evening presentations. Share the best of ideas, topics and technique with nordic skiers from around the country.
Get the inside track on innovations shaping the future of instruction, technique, training, and coaching. Network with PSIA members and non-members from around the country who share your passion for teaching and coaching Nordic skiing. You’ll receive personalized coaching from top XC instructors.
“There was a lot of high-quality instruction,” said Tulie Budiselich, Cross Country 2017 attendee. “The instructors were not only great skiers, but exceptional clinicians. They were enthusiastic, all inclusive, and succinct.”
Although there are many lodging options, PSIA works with and recommends The Three Bears Lodge, a short walking distance from the trails. Mention you’re with PSIA to get a special negotiated rate.
You are on your own for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There is a possibility of an informal dinner at the PSIA Team house. We will notify you if this will take place.
Map of the town of West Yellowstone (includes location of trailhead & local hotels).
Daily Schedule (Mountain Standard Time):
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. - Register at trailhead in warming hut
9:00 - 11:30 a.m. - On snow clinics, classic skiing
11:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Break
2:00 - 4:00 p.m. - On snow clinics, skate
4:00 - 6:30 p.m. - Evening presentation
- Classic and skate skis, boots, and poles
- Hydration pack/water bottles
- Cold weather layers, hat, gloves
- Sun block
- Appropriate wax and waxing equipment (optional)
Cross Country Academy is designed for beginner, intermediate, and advanced skiers. It’s not recommended for first-time or never-ever skiers who don’t know how to stop or slow down. Some skiing experience is highly recommended.
How to Register
Registration will open August 2019
- Event Details, Daily Logistics or Other Questions - David Lawrence, PSIA Cross Country Team coach, email@example.com
- Registration, Cancellation, or Financial Questions - Frances Walsh, PSIA-AASI operations and events manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 720.963.4836
Clinic Topics (subject to change)
- The Ultimate Beginner Progression - How to get never ever skiers, beginners, adults or kids skiing up and down the nordic trails.
- Games and Drills - From kids to adults, games and drills help students acquire skiing skills more quickly. Increase your bag of tricks and improve your own skiing.
- Personal Ski Improvement - Get individual feedback about your own skiing and personal coaching to help you optimize your performance on snow.
- Strength and Fitness - Learn what and how you should training to improve your own snow fitness, prevent injury, and optimize your performance.
- Ski and Clinic - Each day we’ll offer a skier improvement clinic or a topic/technique exploration clinic that will focus on skiing more kilometers and less clinicing.
- Technical Skills, Teaching Skills, People Skills - The holy trinity of coaching and teaching! We don’t just focus on what to teach and how to ski. Take time to dive into the “soft skills” of the snowsports craft.
Cross Country Academy 2018 Coverage