Cross Country Academy
Event: Cross Country Academy 2020
Dates: Nov. 29 – Dec. 1, 2020
Location: West Yellowstone, Montana – Rendezvous Trails
Travel Accommodations: Book on your own
CEUs: 6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for each day
Open to: PSIA-AASI Members and Non-members
- Monday, Oct. 19 – Event registration fees increase $25
Cross Country Academy 2020 features three days of early season skiing on West Yellowstone’s famous Rendezvous trail system. Join PSIA’s Cross Country Team Members David Lawrence, Emily Lovett, Greg Rhodes, and special guests. Share the best ideas, topics, and technique with nordic skiers from around the country.
Get the inside track on innovations shaping the future of instruction, technique, training, and coaching. Network with PSIA members from around the country who share your passion for teaching and coaching Nordic skiing. You’ll receive personalized coaching from top XC instructors.
“There was a lot of high-quality instruction,” said Tulie Budiselich, Cross Country 2017 attendee. “The instructors were not only great skiers, but exceptional clinicians. They were enthusiastic, all inclusive, and succinct.”
“The clinicians are practiced teachers and coaches. It was my honor to spend time with them. The amount I learned is immeasurable.” – Cross Country Academy 2019 participant
You are on your own for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Due to COVID, we are not organizing group house lodging this year. The following hotels are within walking distance to the Rendezvous ski trails:
- The Three Bears Lodge: Short walking distance from the trails.
- Holiday Inn: Shortest walking distance from the trails
- Grey Wolf: Offers suites with and without kitchenette
- 9 – 11:30 a.m.– Meet on snow, On snow clinics, classic skiing
- 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Break
- 1:30–3:30 p.m. – On snow clinics, skate skiing
- Buff or face mask
- Classic and skate skis, boots, and poles
- Hydration pack/water bottles
- Cold weather layers, hat, gloves
- Sun block
- Appropriate wax and waxing equipment (optional)
Cross Country Academy is designed for beginner, intermediate, and advanced skiers. It’s not recommended for first-time or never-ever skiers who don’t know how to stop or slow down. Some skiing experience is highly recommended.
- Event Details, Daily Logistics or Other Questions – Emily Lovett, PSIA Cross Country Team coach,
- Registration, Cancellation, or Financial Questions – Member Services or 720.963.4836
Cross Country Academy 2018 Coverage