National Academy is back, even during the COVID-19 era. During this unique time, PSIA-AASI remains committed to providing you with an exceptional education program and access to top educators on the PSIA-AASI National Team. This year, we’re keeping this event simple and focusing on what’s always made this event special, directly working with a National Team member.
This also means we’re providing only on snow programing. There will be no in-person indoor sessions or organized social gatherings. To comply with all COVID-19 regulations, groups will be formed based on a 1:6 ratio while on snow.
During the next months, we’ll finalize the on snow daily events and the evening online webinars. As an event participant, know you’ll still have access to a National Team member and/or an National Team Member Alumni Coach for another exciting event!
Event: National Academy 2021
Dates: Monday, April 12 through Friday, April 16
Location: Breckenridge, Colorado
Rates: $999. Rates increase on Friday, February 12 to $1,099 (Rates do NOT include lift tickets.)
Lift Tickets: $150 (for 5 days). Purchase through the registration process.
Prerequisites: PSIA-AASI Member + Level I Certification
Travel Accommodations: Not included. You must make your own travel accommodations.
Lodging: Not included. You must make your own reservation. Discounted lodging available through The DoubleTree. When you register, you’ll receive the group reservation discount code in your event confirmation email.
Meals: Not included. You’ll need to make your own plans for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and on snow snacks.
Select Your “Group” at Registration: When you register, identify the type of terrain/conditions/pacing of the group you want to ski / ride with all week. To comply with COVID regulations, you’ll be placed in your group BEFORE the event starts.
- Terrain – Ski primarily on blue/intermediate terrain with some black/advanced runs.
- Conditions – You’ll spend most of the time on groomers. Some groups may explore off-piste and bumps if the conditions are perfect.
- Pacing – Expect a variety. Some groups want to follow a conservative pace with slower speeds and frequent stops. Others will move fairly fast with less frequent stops, depending on the energy level.
- Terrain – Ski mostly black/advanced terrain. Expect some blue/ intermediate cruising and exploring some off-piste and bumps to mix things up.
- Conditions – You’ll spend most of the time on groomed and off-piste conditions. Some groups may explore lots of off-piste, others less.
- Pacing – Expect a variety, but plan on moving at a pretty good pace.
- Terrain – Ski black/advanced and/or double black/expert terrain. Based on conditions, you’ll be challenged by some, not all, of Breck’s varied terrain.
- Conditions – You’ll spend most of the time off-piste or on challenging groomers, with some cruising mixed in.
- Pacing – Expect an advanced pace, with longer uninterrupted pitches.
- Terrain – Ski anywhere at Breck, including the most challenging conditions.
- Conditions – You’ll be hunting off-piste conditions, even in challenging snow. Expect some hiking to get the goods.
- Pacing – Expect to ski at a fast pace and stop only when necessary. Too fast? Check out Group 3 for groups that explore the same terrain, but at a slightly less challenging pace.
Attending National Academy will help you:
- Get your ski or ride on five days of big-mountain skiing or riding with a member or alumni of the PSIA-AASI National Team
- Get the inside track on innovations shaping the future of instruction
- Network with and learn new ways of teaching from fellow ski and ride professionals who share your passion for the ski and ride experience
- Take your game up a notch with personalized coaching and improvement
- Make your friend’s jealous as you close your season with fresh tracks on Breckenridge’s legendary terrain
From the slopes to the sundeck to the hot tub, this event represents a week of great turns and fun for you and your fellow snow pros.
National Academy 2019
Our previous event treated more than 400 attendees to amazing snow and an incredible week of skiing, riding, and learning in Big Sky, Montana. Here are highlights to hold you over until National Academy 2021!
National Academy Stories
- Day 1: Bringing It All Back Home from Interski 2019
- Day 2: The Biggest Event of ANY Season
- Day 3: Rider Rally & Telemark Academy Kick Off at Big Sky
- Day 4: Aussie Interski, Demo Days + 40 Years of Free-Heel
- Day 5: Experiential Volkswagen, Great Rum + Snow Withdrawal
- The National Academy, Rider Rally, Telemark Academy Highlight Reel
National Academy Videos