Snowboarding Fundamentals Webinar with the AASI Team
The AASI Team talks about the Snowboarding Fundamentals and how they apply to riding, learning, and teaching in this new virtual training session. The free webinar lets you listen to the snowboard team discuss the fundamentals and how they apply to your riding and teaching.
In the Fall 2020 issue of 32 Degrees, you can also read team member Chris Rogers’ story, “How to Use Snowboarding Fundamentals to Clarify Snowboard Performance Concepts.”
In the story, Rogers outlines the six snowboarding fundamentals.
- Control the relationship of the center of mass to the base of support to direct pressure along the length of the board.
- Control the relationship of mass to the base of support to direct pressure along the width of the board.
- Regulate the magnitude of pressure created through the board/surface interaction.
- Control the board’s tilt through a combination of inclination and angulation.
- Control the board’s pivot through flexion/extension and rotation of the body.
- Control torsional flex of the board using flexion/extension and rotation of the body.