Team Summer Adventures: Jim Shaw
Catch up with PSIA-AASI National Team members as they share their summer adventures and how it keeps them on their game for winter. Here’s how PSIA Telemark Team member Jim Shaw spent his summer.
What’s been your go-to summer activity or big summer adventure?
It sure felt like my summer was busy, and writing this has made me realize why. There was lots of fun to be had!
- I drove the rig to a birthday party on a farm in Illinois. If you’ve never stood in the middle of a 1,400 acre corn field… Feeding the world!
- I made several stops along the way to mountain bike at places like Potter’s Pasture in Kansas. That rut is 6 feet deep. Very bizarre biking and beautiful. Watch out for the cows!
- Went to the Psycho Silo, coolest bar I’ve ever been to.
- Got to water ski a bunch, and I’m getting better.
- Climbed Lone Eagle Peak with my son, Elliot. It’s the pointy peak behind us and Elliot standing on that point. He led every pitch!
And I wish I could say it was all fun and games, but I also passed my framing inspection, plumbing inspection, and bought a spray foam rig for the house I’ve been building.