Nordica Announces 2024 Ski Boot Collections
PSIA-AASI Official Supplier Nordica recently announced its 2024 product line with racing, resort, and backcountry additions.
“We are amped to launch two new top of the line ski boot collections. One serves the racing and high-performance skiers while the other serves the modern adventure seeking all-mountain skier,” said Sam Beck, Nordica North America’s business unit director. “Since 1999, Dobermann has defined Nordica racing, so we’re very proud to introduce the new Doby 5 now loaded with more performance than ever before. And as we push all-mountain products to new heights, we’re stoked to introduce the all-new Unlimited boot collection built for skiers that want one boot that can do it all without compromise.”
Dobermann Race Collection
For the 2024 season, Nordica launches the fifth generation of its legendary Dobermann race boots. The new boots feature slimmer anatomical profiles inside and out, Bi-injected cuffs, an entirely new sole design, new liners using Heel Link, and several customization features to dial in fit and stance.
The eight-boot Dobermann line consists of two different collections – four models, designated with “RD” in the model names built around a narrow 93mm last, and four models using a 96mm last. Both collections use the same exact shell designs and technologies and feature two new liners.
As an example of what’s available in the collection, the Dobermann 5 S includes:
- An overall reduced shell volume, especially in the midfoot and heel areas.
- The sole length is reduced by 5mm, enhancing shell stability, and enabling skis to flex more naturally.
- An all-new cuff consisting of two different plastic densities Bi-injected to form a strong spine as well as resulting in a smooth predictable flex.
- A new Dobermann 5 Race Laced liner that matches the shell’s anatomical interior, with laces and a slim Velcro front closure to ensure the liner moves in sync with the tibia.
- And the Dobermann 5 S is “Stiff”, thus the moniker S, with a flex rating from 120-140.