Applications are closed for the 2022-23 season.
This scholarship program awards members and non-members with funds to pursue a certification or specialist education track. These scholarships help offset expenses related to preparing for and attending a certification or specialist credential during the 2022-23 season. This scholarship will help individuals become better teachers by pursuing education to help them achieve the standard for personal performance, teaching, professional knowledge, and technical skiing and riding skills. Recipients can also deepen their knowledge base by attending an event to improve their skiing, riding, and teaching by participating in educational events and clinics taught by extraordinary clinicians.
Note: The application process is limited to the first 100 applicants
How to Apply
- Review scholarship funding.
- Review the application criteria that must be met.
- Review the materials you need to create and submit for each scholarship.
- Submit your application and materials by, or before, 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time on Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022. Note: The application process is limited to the first 100 applicants.
- Apply now.
- The deadline to submit is Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022.
- Scholarships will be announced mid-Dec. 2022.
- Please note. If you apply for and receive a scholarship this season (2022-23) and do not use it this season, you’ll need to reapply for the same scholarship for next season (2023-24).
- Specialist or certification exam fee.
- May include education resource materials expense.
- One full season of PSIA-AASI membership dues during the 2022-2023 season (only if applicable in some cases when the individual applying is not a current member).
- May include travel expenses.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current member of PSIA-AASI
- Be a non-member and have an interest in working as an instructor
- Demonstrate leadership qualities in PSIA-AASI and/or another industry.
- Express interest in pursuing any level certification (in adaptive, alpine, cross country, snowboard, or telemark) or pursuing a specialist designation (in children’s or freestyle).
Applicants must answer the following questions on the Application Form -OR- record a 2-minute video that answers the following questions and submit it on the Application Form.
PLEASE NOTE: Applicants will either need to 1.) Write the responses -OR- 2.) Submit a video that answers the following questions. Note there is a 2-minute limit on your video. Applications with videos longer than 2 minutes will not be reviewed.
- Pick an important experience from your life and explain how it’s influenced who you are today.
- Describe your PSIA-AASI involvement.
- Describe how you’ve demonstrated inclusive leadership and/or service at your snowsports school or in your community.
- What is your education plan and timeline? For example, what clinics/events and/or exam would you like to attend this season and why? Are there any education resources that will help you? What is your 2 or 3-year education plan?
- View events and exams.
- View education resources.
- Anything else the Review Committee should know about you?
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, Nov. 16, 2022 (Note: The scholarship is limited to the first 100 applicants. Once we receive 100 submissions we will close the option to apply.)
Scholarships Announced: mid-Dec. 2022
Give a Gift
Help give emerging leaders opportunities to grow through attending educational events and other experiences which can be career- and life-changing, by giving a gift online, or learn more about PSIA-AASI’s Education Foundation.
To donate by mail, please send a check or money order made out to the PSIA-AASI Education Foundation to: 133 S. Van Gordon St. Suite 200 Lakewood, CO 80228. Please indicate your donation is for the Certification or Specialist Education Track Scholarship.