To help our sport grow, this scholarship provides funds for training for PSIA-AASI Member Schools around the U.S. with not more than 150 staff members. The award provides access to educational events and education leaders, such as PSIA-AASI National Team members, who provide experiences that may be career-changing. Small schools are training the future leaders of our industry to make the commitment to educate the public about skiing and snowboarding. It’s also at the small schools where family members who teach encourage their sons and daughters to follow in their footsteps to teach the sport.
In a recent survey of snowsports school directors and managers, feedback about PSIA-AASI’s relationship with their school revealed:
- 64% agreed that training through the PSIA-AASI curriculum increases safety and reduces injuries to their instructors
- 51% agreed that PSIA-AASI makes it easier for their employees to be successful
- 48% agreed that PSIA-AASI enables their school to provide better customer service
These scholarships help offset expenses related to schools’ implementation plans during the 2022-23 season.
- Up to $2,000 for an education plan (prep clinics, education resources, exams)
- Additional travel expenses for PSIA-AASI clinicians that visit the PSIA-AASI Member School