Wednesday, March 1, 2023 from 8:30 am - 4 pm MTAdd to Personal CalendarEvent Type:
Certification Exam Location: Snowbasin
(Earls Lodge, lower base -
Please check the resort website for all parking information.Host Division:
IntermountainRegistration Information:- First Chair Rate: $155.00 (available through Tuesday, February 14)
- Last Chair Rate: $180.00
- CEUs: 6Prerequisites:
Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Alpine level 2 certification, Alpine level 3 knowledge exam (e-learning), Alpine level 3 prep clinic completion or registration requiredRegistration Deadline:
Wednesday, February 15, 2023, 11:59 pm MT
Online Registration: CLOSED
You will be scored on the fundamentals of skiing and the application of skiing fundamentals. Each category is used to assess your level of competence with the Skiing Fundamentals as written in the PSIA National Alpine Certification Standards for Level 3. Click here to view the scoresheet for this assessment.
- Highlighted Fundamentals: You must score a 4 or better in four categories and a 3 or better in the fifth task to meet the standard.
- In the Application of Fundamentals category, there are three sub-categories: Basic Blending, Applied Skiing, and Versatility. You will perform five tasks. You must score a 4 or better in four tasks and a 3 or better in the fifth task to meet the standard.
- Basic Applied Skiing: Two tasks will be performed in this category.
- Advanced Applied Skiing: Three tasks will be performed in this category.
- Versatility: there are four scored elements. Your performance in the five Application of Fundamentals tasks will be used to derive the scores in this category. You must score a 4 or better in three categories and a 3 or better in the fourth to meet the minimum performance standard.Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.