Monday, March 6, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm MTAdd to Personal CalendarEvent Type:
Prep ClinicLocation: Brighton Resort
(Outside of the Snowsports School, above the Brighton Center)
Brighton prioritizes parking for carpoolers. If you cannot carpool, you may want to park and ride from the base of the Big Cottonwood Canyon. More details can be found here https://brightonresort.com/parkingHost Division:
IntermountainRegistration Information:- First Chair Rate: $100.00 (available through Sunday, February 19)
- Last Chair Rate: $125.00
- CEUs: 6Prerequisites:
Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Alpine level 1 certification requiredRegistration Deadline:
Monday, February 20, 2023, 11:59 pm MT
Online Registration: CLOSED
Description: Technical Skills Clinic, Full Day, On-Snow. Qualifies as Assessment Prep Clinic or Continuing Education
Assessment Prep Goal: This clinic will prepare participants for the Alpine Level 2 Skiing Assessment, by focusing on Pressure Control Skills while skiing all conditions on blue terrain and groomed advanced terrain.
Continuing Education Goal: Impact overall performance through improved understanding and application of the alpine technical fundamentals.
Clinic Outcomes: By the end of this clinic, participants will:
- Receive feedback on personal performance related to Pressure Control.
- Integrate new and/or enhanced pressure control skills into their skiing.
- Be able to compare their performance to the Level 2 Technical Standard.
- Have new resources that support independent practice.
- The clinic leader and participants will collaborate to determine a relevant goal related to
pressure control skills.
- The clinic leader will demonstrate how to apply specific aspects of pressure control using activities/drills from the Intermountain Activity Matrix.
- Participants will practice pressure control skills in isolation and/or in combination with other skills.
- The clinic leader and participants will collaborate to identify specific sensations created by
pressure control movements that will inform effective practice.
Additional Event Details:
- The clinic leader will facilitate reflection about the day's goal and other relevant experiences.
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.