|Cancelled:Alpine Level 2 Teaching Practicum||Back to Calendar|
Date: Tuesday, March 28, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm MT
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Prep Clinic
Location: Alta Ski Area (Albion Grill, at the Albion Base Area (Entry 2) - Upper Lot-Albion Grill)
Please check the website for the most update parking information.
Host Division: Intermountain
- First Chair Rate: $100.00 (available through Monday, March 13)
- Last Chair Rate: $125.00
- CEUs: 6
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Alpine level 1 certification required
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 11:59 pm MT
This event has been cancelled.
Online Registration: CLOSED
Teaching Skills Clinic. Full Day, On-Snow. Qualifies as Assessment Prep
Assessment Prep Goal:
Clinic is specifically designed for Level 2 Candidates to practice the assessment format for the Level 2 Teaching Assessment. Candidates should be prepared to be in front of their peers in a teaching scenario and be able to teach up through the intermediate zone. This event should only be attended by instructors intending to take the Level 2 Teaching Assessment. Completion of the Lesson Planning and Implementation Clinic is highly recommended prior to taking this clinic.
Clinic Outcomes: By the end of the clinic, participants will
- Practice the exam format in front of a group of peers and an examiner.
- Receive feedback on strengths, weaknesses and practice options for improvement.
- Describe their teaching performance in reference to an ideal performance.
- Clinic leader may demonstrate a teaching segment for participants depending on time and number of candidates in the group.
- Each participant will have an opportunity to practice both segments of the teaching exam.
- Participants will receive feedback on their presentations based on assessment criteria on the scoresheet from both peers and the examiner.
- Clinic leaders will facilitate participant reflection on their readiness for the exam based on the feedback given to them during their teaching segments as well as their own personal reflection and summary of current teaching skills.
Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.