Tuesday, March 28, 2023 - Wednesday, March 29, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4:30 pm MT (2 Days)Add to Personal CalendarEvent Type:
Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (Inside the Solitude Building (Sweetwater Gondola Midstation))
IMPORTANT: You will need to pick up your J card prior to boarding the gondola in Cafe 6311 in the Bridger Center. Please note that you will not be able to store gear in the Solitude Building and will need to leave it at the base or in your car prior to going up the lift.Host Division:
IntermountainRegistration Information:- First Chair Rate: $220.00 (available through Monday, March 13)
- Last Chair Rate: $245.00
- CEUs: 12Prerequisites:
Current PSIA-AASI Membership, CS1 E-learning course, Primary discipline level 1 certificationRegistration Deadline:
Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 11:59 pm MT
Online Registration: CLOSED
Course Overview: The Children's Specialist 1 (CS1) is a 2-day interactive, assessment-based certificate event. The event covers teaching children of all ages from the beginner/novice through the intermediate zones with an emphasis in working with a GROUP of children.
Course Learning Outcomes
The CS1 Learning Outcomes follow the Learning Connection Model's outline with children's specific criteria:
- Engages in developmentally appropriate communication to address the needs of a group of children and their parents.
- Addresses intrapersonal and interpersonal situations with children and their parents in a developmentally appropriate manner.
- Uses provided information about children and parents to plan relevant learning experiences through the intermediate zone.
- Delivers group-focused learning experiences that have developmentally realistic outcomes.
- Identifies and describes distinct stages of cognitive, affective, and physical growth, including psycho-motor development for a group of children, relative to snowsports, through the intermediate zone.
- Identifies and describes cause and effect relationships influenced by child growth, stages of psychomotor development and equipment options and prescribes a solution for a single fundamental in a group setting through the intermediate zone.
Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.