Tuesday, March 28, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm MTAdd to Personal CalendarEvent Type:
Prep ClinicLocation: Alta Ski Area
(Albion Grill, at the Albion Base Area (Entry 2) - Upper Lot-Albion Grill)
Please check the website for the most update parking information.Host Division:
IntermountainRegistration Information:- First Chair Rate: $100.00 (available through Monday, March 13)
- Last Chair Rate: $125.00
- CEUs: 6Prerequisites:
Current PSIA-AASI Membership, You must have the Alpine level 2 certification Registration Deadline:
Tuesday, March 14, 2023, 11:59 pm MT
Online Registration: CLOSED
Teaching Skills Clinic. Full Day, On-Snow. Qualifies as Assessment Prep
Assessment Prep Goal:
Clinic is specifically designed for Level 3 Candidates to practice the assessment format for the Level 3 Teaching Assessment. Candidates should be prepared to be in front of their peers in a teaching scenario and be able to teach up through the advanced zone. This event should only be attended by instructors intending to take the Level 3 Teaching Assessment. Completion of the Lesson Planning and Implementation Clinic is highly recommended prior to taking this clinic.
Clinic Outcome: By the end of the clinic, participants will
- Practice the exam format in front of a group of peers and an examiner and receive feedback on strengths, weaknesses and practice options for improvement.
- Demonstrate an ability to influence learning both in the present and future.
- Be able to describe their teaching performance as it relates to ideal performance.
Additional Event Details:
- Clinic leaders may demonstrate a teaching segment for participants depending on time and number of candidates in the group.
- Each participant will have an opportunity to practice segments of the teaching exam.
- Participants will receive feedback from both peers and the examiner based on assessment criteria from the scoresheet.
- Clinic leaders will facilitate participant reflection on their readiness for the exam based on the feedback given to them during their teaching segments as well as their own personal reflection and summary of current teaching skills.
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.