|¦¦¦Children's Specialist 1||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Thursday, March 9, 2023 - Friday, March 10, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Certificate Assessment
Location: Blue Mountain (PA) (NEW LOCATION: Plan to meet your group on snow outside of the Valley Lodge, near the “Lessons Meet Here” signs. Please note, this is a NEW LOCATION FOR THIS YEAR, located at the BOTTOM of the mountain! - Outdoor Registration)
Host Division: Eastern
- First Chair Rate: $220.00 (available through Wednesday, February 15)
- Last Chair Rate: $245.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Children’s Specialist 1 E-Learning Course, Level 1 Certification
Registration Deadline: Thursday, March 2, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
Online Registration: CLOSED
Children's Specialist 1 (CS1) is the entry-level children's education course for PSIA and AASI, and it includes an evaluation component. The course includes an online e-Learning course* (estimated at 1-2 hours to complete, before registering for the on-snow portion); skiing/riding and teaching scenarios; and a technical discussion regarding how children/young students learn and progress from the Beginner/Novice to Intermediate Zones. The CS1 course is for instructors embarking on the journey toward mastery of the art of children's snowsports instruction. Candidates must pass both the CS1 e-Learning course and the on-snow portion to complete the CS1 accreditation.
Evaluations of those taking the CS1 course reflect the participants' knowledge of teaching children, and individuals. Successful completion of the course grants professional recognition to the instructor for their education, experience, and expertise in teaching snowsports to children. This is a multidisciplinary course. Instructors are encouraged to take the CS1 course once they've achieved Level I PSIA-AASI certification.
- Participant must be Level I Certified.
- Must complete the online CS1 e-Learning course (estimated at 1-2 hours to complete) prior to registering for the on-snow portion.*
- Must bring the CS1 Teaching Log to Day 1 of the event, or submit electronically to your course conductor.
- Must be an active participant in course.
- Must contribute at the event during any round table discussions.
- Must receive a passing score from divisional education staff based on the participant's demonstrated knowledge, understanding, teaching and movement analysis.
* The CS1 e-Learning course is available on the National LMS Website. Once you are logged in, go to My Account, and then My Learning, to see the content you already have access to. If you haven't done so already, you will need to complete the purchase process to access the CS1 e-Learning course. Please be sure to complete all steps. Some parts of the course will specifically reference information in the current Teaching Children Snowsports manual, so it is suggested to have a copy nearby. Please take a moment also to review the videos under Children's Resources on the Eastern Website prior to your clinic .
Additional Event Details:
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.