|¦¦¦Snowboard Level I Assessment||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Thursday, March 16, 2023 - Friday, March 17, 2023 from 8:45 am - 4 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Certification Exam
Location: Sugarbush (VT) (Plan to meet your group on snow at the starting time listed above, at the Ski and Ride School Line up by the Gate House lift. If we are notified of any change, we will email and/or text updated information to you. - Outdoor Registration)
Host Division: Eastern
- First Chair Rate: $210.00 (available through Wednesday, March 8)
- Last Chair Rate: $235.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Snowboard Level I E-Learning Course (https://lms.thesnowpros.org)
Registration Deadline: Thursday, March 9, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
Online Registration: CLOSED
- Must be a member of PSIA-AASI
- Must complete the Snowboard Level I eLearning course prior to registering.
- Please refer to the AASI Assessment Guide and reference information for complete details at https://easternsnowpros.org/education/snowboard/
- We highly recommend reviewing the National Standards.
The Certified Level I process consists of an assessment of basic riding skills, teaching skills, and professional knowledge (which refers to technical and mechanical knowledge as well as to knowledge of guest service, AASI, the snowsports industry, and risk management). The course riding and teaching scenarios as well as a technical discussion regarding how students learn and progress from the Beginner/Novice to Intermediate Zones. While a school director's signature is not required, we strongly encourage you to notify your director so that he or she is both aware of and can help ensure that you are prepared for a successful exam experience.
Specific activities will vary depending on the group and environmental conditions; however, they will typically include:
• Riding assessment on overall on-hill performance using all green terrain, blue terrain including off-piste conditions or small freestyle features
• Professional knowledge assessment based on discussions, behavior and interaction with the group. Candidates should be prepared to deliver a short teaching segment to the group.
• Teaching methodology assessment based on teaching segments, interaction with the group or group discussions. Candidate should promote positive learning environments while teaching in a safe, effective manner.
Additional Event Details:
Sugarbush Resort has discounted lodging codes for all PSIA members for this winter. Members can use these all season for Sugarbush. Here's a link for discount off all our lodging resort wide and based on availability: Sugarbush Resort - Build Your Package
SPOT INSURANCE OFFER
$25k injury coverage. $0 deductible.
Make the most of your event, with Spot Insurance. Spot's policy pays up to $25,000 of your medical bills, with $0 deductible.
For only $10.50 per day you're covered while skiing or snowboarding at your event--no matter if you have health insurance or not.
Ready to ski or ride harder? Select "Choose" to add Spot below, then pay for your event like you normally would. A policy will be generated and someone from Spot will get in touch with more details.
Policy modifications and cancellations must be done at least 5 days before the start date of the event. The policy is fully refundable until that time and is non-refundable after.