|200 Alpine Connecting the Pieces: Technical Knowledge||Back to Calendar|
Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 from 8:30 am - 4 pm
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Education Clinic
Host Division: Northern Intermountain
- Cost: $95.00
- CEUs: 6
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, March 7, 2023, 1 am
Online Registration: CLOSED
Additional Event Details:
NIM 200 Alpine Connecting the Pieces: Technical Knowledge
Description: In this clinic, participants will explore the connection between technical knowledge, application, and how it fits (and doesn't fit!) into our lessons. Technical talk helps us, as instructors, understand the movements and outcomes we see, but the detailed descriptions don't necessarily have a place in our lessons.
Technical Skills Clinic, Full Day, On-Snow. Qualifies as Assessment Prep Clinic or Continuing Education. Open to all certification level, with targeted application to uncertified, level 1 certified, and level 2 certified instructors.
Terrain: Participants should be prepared to ski in blue ungroomed terrain and blue to black groomed terrain, as the group/clinic topic requires.
Assessment Prep Goal: This clinic will help prepare participants for the Alpine Level 2 Technical Assessment, by focusing on development of technical knowledge and application, specific to movement analysis and understanding of personal performance.
Continuing Education Goal: Impact overall performance through improved understanding and application of the alpine technical fundamentals.
Clinic Outcomes: By the end of this clinic, participants will:
· Receive feedback on personal performance related to the Alpine Technical Fundamentals.
· Integrate new and/or enhanced technical skills into their skiing.
· Be able to compare their performance to the Level 2 Technical Standard.
· Have new resources that support independent practice.
· The clinic leader and participants will collaborate to determine a relevant goal related to technical knowledge and application skills.
· The clinic leader will demonstrate how to apply specific aspects of technical knowledge to movement analysis and performance descriptions.
· Participants will practice applying their technical knowledge to both their performance and others in isolation and/or in combination with other skills.
· The clinic leader and participants will collaborate to identify specific experiences created by a variety of descriptions that will inform effective practice.
· The clinic leader will facilitate reflection about the day's goal and other relevant experiences.