|The Art of Coaching - Developing Cues for Better Practice (Teaching Skills) Webinar||Back to Calendar|
Monday, March 6, 2023 from 6:30 pm - 8 pm MTDay 2:
Friday, March 10, 2023 from 6:30 pm - 8 pm MTAdd to Personal CalendarEvent Type:
IntermountainRegistration Information:- First Chair Rate: $60.00 (available through Sunday, February 26)
- Last Chair Rate: $85.00
- CEUs: 3Prerequisites:
Current PSIA-AASI MembershipRegistration Deadline:
Thursday, March 2, 2023, 11:59 pm MT
Online Registration: CLOSED
This Webinar focuses on how to develop external cues to focus student attention on their desired outcome. We will discuss the value and benefit of external cues vs. internal cues, skill acquisition vs. retention, and how to structure practice time during lessons to solidify lesson content for students. All of these skills can and should be applied when going for Alpine Level 2 or 3 certification during the Teach exam.
- Participants will be able to:
- Articulate the difference between Internal and External Cues
- Develop their own External cues for specific fundamentals
- Describe the difference between the acquisition phase and retention phase of motor skill development
- Structure practice time to facilitate skill retention in their lessons.