|Central Alpine Education Staff Tryouts - On Snow Module||Back to Calendar|
Dates: Saturday, March 4, 2023 - Sunday, March 5, 2023 from 11 am - 6 pm ET (2 Days)
Add to Personal Calendar
Event Type: Certification Exam
Location: Afton Alps (Meadows Chalet - Top Floor)
Please arrive 30 minutes before the start of the event.
Host Division: Central
- Cost: $396.00
- CEUs: 12
Prerequisites: Current PSIA-AASI Membership, Alpine Level III Certification
Registration Deadline: Tuesday, February 28, 2023, 11:59 pm ET
Online Registration: CLOSED
1. Level 3 Certified
2. Have an active trainer role at a home resort ski school
3. Current in your Dues and Education with PSIA-AASI Central
4. A Resident within PSIA-AASI Central Region, or affiliated (at least) Part-Time with a PSIA-C Member School.
5. Able to commit to a minimum of 6 on-snow working days (2 midweek days, 2 weekends), 1 online education event (3 evenings), 1 online exam (one evening), and two training days.
6. Able to provide letters of consent from their primary employer and snowsports school, acknowledging the above commitment.
Education Staff Tryout Process:
- Attend the On-Snow Review
- Teaching and Technical Day
- Must be able to demonstrate skills at all three Alpine Certification Levels.
- Find further information for each level on the Alpine Education & Certification Pathway.
1. High degree of professionalism
2. Outstanding communication skills
3. Self-starter re: continued professional development in skiing and teaching abilities
4. Commitment to work when/as needed
5. Ongoing contributor to the PSIA-AASI Knowledge Base
For more information, contact Ron Shepard ()
We will reserve the right to cancel if we do not have enough qualified applicants.
Additional Event Details:
*The resort has generously provided lift tickets for participants at this event. See event details included in the confirmation email after registering for further information.