Website PSIA-AASI Western
The Western Region is thrilled to announce a brand new, full-time opportunity to join our administrative team. The Education Manager will oversee events while supporting educational content and professional development. This is an exciting time as we roll out a full roster of seasonal events. Please review the full job description, shared below, and send your resume, cover letter outlining relevant experience, and three current references to Marisa Cooper at
The Western Region Education Manager will manage and oversee successful education and event delivery for all snowsports; Adaptive, Alpine, Children’s, Nordic (Telemark and Cross Country) and Snowboard disciplines for the Western Region. Collaborate with the Western Region Leadership, Task Force Chairs, Ed Staff, Member Schools, and National Office to ensure consistent educational delivery for all members. Oversee the management of database systems (regional website calendar, AMS, and ProHub) to ensure systems are kept up to date and in service of seamless event management and membership experience. Serve as the lead coordinator to manage all event logistics, including: setting up events online, tracking and administering registration list, staffing events, creating and coordinating with event host locations, arranging lodging and travel, assigning meeting locations and check-in procedures, and clearly communicating all logistics while assisting with member needs on a daily basis.
- Deputy Director
Works closely with:
- Task Force Chairs
- National Office and AMS Users Group
- Member School Directors and Operators
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education and Event Management
- Coordinate the development of events with staff, task force teams, and member school directors
- Work with member schools to establish contracts and reservations for premier events
- Secure and manage lodging, clearly communicate all logistics to ensure seamless event travel and accommodations
- Administer Events
- Manage Pre-Event Logistics
- Build events in AMS and on regional website
- Support the effective marketing of events by providing event copy and managing the event calendar
- Track registration, participant payment, and update event participant numbers and ratios in line with regional guidelines
- Oversee event cancelation as needed and in line with regional guidelines
- Send pre-event confirmation emails to staff and event participants
- Send Ticket Roster to host resort
- Email roster to Ed. Staff
- Assemble event packet for Examiner (rosters, certificates, Scorecard, Feedback Forms, surveys, Safety Meeting Sign-on, Event Checklist, & Accident Form)
- Serve as Lead Staff During Event
- Set up registration and check-in tables
- Set up and manage a sales table with books, clothing, swag
- Establish Clinic/Exam stations for the staff and participants
- Create signs, maps and rosters for successful event flow
- Generate content and post to social media channels in collaboration with leadership and marketing team
- Address any member complaints and concerns quickly and compassionately, leveraging regional leadership to solve problems
- Provide all Post Event follow-up
- Produce Event Summaries
- Send thank you communication to event host and participants
- Distribute, collect, and review survey results
- Update Participants Education Status in AMS
- Oversee communication of event information delivery to participants and staff through email and online confirmations
- Assist the Deputy Director with staffing all events using staffing system and regional guidelines while being accountable for assuring adherence to budgetary guidelines
- Work with the Deputy Director and education leadership on supporting the transition to national standards and common assessment forms
- Write or support Edge and web articles pertaining to member education
- Answer education and events-specific member questions
- Work closely with all regional staff to ensure the highest levels of member service
- Nurture ongoing collaboration with National Education team and all other regions
- Represent PSIA-AASI Western Region at public and industry functions
- Manage Pre-Event Logistics
- Track event registrations, packets, and materials
- Diplomatic handling of policy and membership matters
- Communicate and problem solve membership inquiries efficiently
- Contribute to a culture of inclusion and community building
- Support and consult the CEO and Deputy Director on all facets of the organization
This is a 32 hour/week full-time position with variable hours during the week, this position can require long hours and weekends as programs shift across the season. The hours and benefits for this position are fully negotiable.
California residency required, based in or near Truckee, CA preferred.
Employee may be asked or expected to travel to as needed and overnight travel may be required. All travel expenses are covered by the organization and may be supported by the organizations sponsored fleet vehicle. Employee must have a driver’s license, reliable transportation, and ability to work across multiple locations.
- $35,200 annually
- Remote office and flexible schedule
- Generous monthly medical stipend
- Monthly tech reimbursement stipend
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Access to industry benefits and pro deals
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
The individual hired in this role will be at-will and will be subject to termination by the employer or the Organization, with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PSIA-AASI W is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a resume, three current references, and a cover letter outlining your interest and applicable experience to Marisa Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, the position will be open until filled.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com