Website Beaver Creek Ski Resort
Mountain Safety Assistant Manager
Create Your Experience of a Lifetime!
Come work and play in the mountains! Whether it’s your first time seeing snow or you were born on the slopes, joining our team means discovering (or re-discovering!) a passion for the outdoors while building lifelong connections with teammates and guests from around the world.
With 40+ resorts across 3 continents, you can join our team for a season or stay to build a career. From day one, you’ll receive some of the highest compensation rates in the industry, free Epic pass(es) along with free ski and snowboard lessons, 40% retail discounts, the chance to grow through Epic Service – our leading training and development experience, and wellness benefits to fuel your success.
- Ski/Mountain Perks! Free passes for employees, employee discounted lift tickets for friends and family AND free ski lessons
- MORE employee discounts on lodging, food, gear, mountain shuttles AND during the summer on bike haul, golf and other activities
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Excellent training and professional development
- Referral Program
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus:
- Health Insurance; Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, and Vision Insurance plans (for eligible seasonal employees after working 500 hours)
- Free ski passes for dependents
- Critical Illness and Accident plans
- Housing: Not Available
- Outlet: Beaver Creek
- Shift & Schedule Availability: Year Round / Full Time
- The budgeted range starts at $52,000-$57,265. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The Mountain Safety Assistant Manager works with the Mountain Safety Department and Ski Patrol to ensure safety to our on-mountain guests through proactive reinforcement of the Skier Safety Act and Responsibility Code. This person will oversee the pass-violation program and work closely with the Ski Patrol Director to ensure mountain safety. The Mountain Safety Manager is responsible for departmental scheduling, staff development, proper and appropriate reporting of all instances, and procedural enforcement.
- Manage all Mountain Safety Programs and Initiatives and communication of these programs internally and externally
- Guest Contacts, enforcement and daily enforcement/contact tracking
- Provide Exceptional Guest Service on Beaver Creek Mountain and have employees do the same by greeting the guest, determining needs and going above and beyond to deliver
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, scheduling, and payroll of Mountain Safety lead and employees
- Oversee the daily operations of Mountain Safety
- Train all employees to foster an injury free work place- manage workers compensation
- Demonstrates effective supervisory skills with regards to motivation (morale and positive reinforcement), disciplinary and corrective action, and documented mid and end of season review.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and strong guest service skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: High School Diploma required, College degree preferred
- 3-5 years of on-mountain ski area experience
- Ski Area supervisory experience preferred
- Must pass on-mountain ski/ride test (equivalent to PSIA Level 7)
- Proficient in Word, Excel, People Soft, Success factors
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English
- Ability to have difficult conversations
- Previous Beaver Creek Mountain work experience
The budgeted range starts at $52,000-$57,265. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vailresortscareers.com.