Website Eagle Mount Bozeman
Nordic Adaptive Recreation Coordinator
Eagle Mount Bozeman is a non-profit organization that provides adaptive recreation for people with disabilities and camps for young people with cancer. Eagle Mount is hiring a full time, seasonal Adaptive Nordic Recreation Coordinator for Cross Country and Snowshoe programming. This position works closely with Eagle Mount staff, volunteers, and participants to ensure that the Nordic program grows and runs smoothly. This is a full time, seasonal position; for the interested and qualified party, the opportunity to continue in a year-round role also exists by pairing this role with Cycling Coordinator. The Nordic Adaptive Recreation Coordinator is supervised by the Adaptive Recreation Director and serves as a member of the Program team.
- Adhere to all Eagle Mount policies, procedures, and guidelines; maintain confidentiality of all participants
- Represent Eagle Mount in a professional and courteous manner
- Support and advocate for the organization and its affiliated programs and partners
- Maintain healthy relationships with Eagle Mount community including participants, volunteers, and staff
- Attend to administrative duties, attend required meetings, and staff training events
- Exhibit patience, respect for others, appropriate stress management, and a desire to learn and grow
- Have a willingness to learn and complete required trainings. This includes but is not limited to Snow Sports Skills, Adaptive Equipment, Coaching, DEI, Safe Sport, and First Aid/CPR
- Prioritize safety, fun, and learning when creating and facilitating on-snow experiences
- Implement and execute XC Ski and Snowshoe training for volunteers with the support of the Recreation staff
- Cultivate our relationships with Crosscut, Big Sky, and other Nordic organizations
- Coordinate and execute both school and sit-ski programming with Crosscut
- Develop Adaptive Nordic programming in the Big Sky area
- Schedule volunteers to be a part of and support programming
- Work with volunteers in implementing Snow Sports lessons
- Maintain progress reports for students and regularly debrief experiences with staff and volunteers
- Care for and maintain program facilities, equipment, and supplies
- Assist with recruitment, training, motivation, and recognition of volunteers
- Proficient Ski Skills – Must be able to confidently XC-Ski black diamond terrain
- Experience coaching Nordic snow sports. PSIA or USSAS training preferred, but not necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Ability to work outdoors in a variety of conditions
- Reliable personal transportation
- Strong interpersonal, administrative, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
While this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position, it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All Eagle Mount employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, non-exempt, seasonal position, with the opportunity to become year-round, starting at $20/hour. Benefits include a season pass to Crosscut, membership to PSIA/AASI with paid training, and access to pro deal/discounts with various outdoor manufacturers and retailers and the opportunity to work in a mission-driven culture. Benefits available to regular employees (year-round, non-seasonal) include agency sponsored health/dental/vision, 4% 403(b) retirement match, and generous PTO.
How to Apply:
The selected candidate will begin November 1st, 2022. If interested, please respond with a resume, cover letter, and three references in PDF format to . Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Preference will be given to applications received by September 30th, 2022.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com