Website Ogden Valley Adaptive Sports
Position Type: full time, salaried. Salary depends on experience
Effective Date: October 15, 2021
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Program Director is responsible leading and managing all aspects of the Ogden Valley Adaptive Sports programs.
Position Primary Function and Responsibilities
- Oversee all aspects of outdoor recreational programs (recruitment, planning, and implementation).
- Maintain program development and delivery according to mission, budget, and strategic plan.
- Supervises 1-25 part-time program staff members. Hire, train and supervises part-time program staff and volunteers.
- Purchase, maintain, and inventory program equipment.
- Prepare and submit program budgets to the Executive Director. Maintain program expenditures.
- With the Executive Director, negotiates agreements and contracts with land usage agencies and community partners.
- Assist with community relations and fundraising efforts.
- Meet monthly and annual program goals and objectives, reporting on these efforts on a monthly basis.
- Keep up to date on current adaptive outdoor recreation techniques and changes in the field.
- Maintain and operate fleet of vehicles, if applicable. Oversee federal/state motor vehicle permitting/reporting.
- Other duties as specified.
- Supports OVAS’ revenue development plan to ensure sustainable and resilient revenue base.
- Participates in donor cultivation and actively participates in raising and leveraging of funds.
- Initiates and fosters relationships with corporations, individuals, foundations, and community organizations to identify potential and actual partners for OVAS. Maintains a personal pipeline of fundraising goals and funds received to support OVAS of no less than half of annual compensation.
- Actively participates with the Board in short and long-term planning efforts.
- Manages the OVAS programs to adhere to and accomplish all OVAS short and long terms plans, goals and objectives.
- Set organizational priorities and effectively use human and financial resources to accomplish organizational plans, goals and objectives.
Desired Skills and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study.
- Four + years of leadership and management experience supervising staff, planning, coordinating and facilitating recreation sport activities.
- Four + years of experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Demonstrated, successful community relations and fund raising experience.
- Must be over 21 years of age.
- Wilderness First Aid certification or higher preferred.
Applicant MUST have:
- BS/BA degree in related field or comparable number of years working in the field.
- Proven and effective supervisory and management experience.
- Direct work experience in adaptive outdoor adventure programming.
- Evening and weekend availability.
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Ability to be flexible, creative and adaptable to situations.
- Independent, intermediate skills in alpine skiing, whitewater sports, and general outdoor recreational activities.
- Must be able to ski at or snowboard at advanced level.
- Ability to alpine ski, snowboard, cross country ski, cycle and do water sports is a plus.
- Must have a current PSIA Adaptive Level 2 Certification or equivalent training and be current on all required training for recertification. Should be eligible or demonstrate working towards Adaptive Level 3.
- Must have demonstrable experience with all aspects of a nonprofit/501 C (3) best practices, standards of ethics, and compliance with business, labor and tax requirements.
- Must be competent in Microsoft Office products.
- Must be competent in most forms of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and web content development).
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- General office environment with some physical activity
- Some work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold, heat and other extreme weather conditions.
- Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
To apply, please visit https://www.indeed.com/job/adaptive-program-director-b727e4ce02c615c2. Any questions may be directed to Steve Correa at .
Additional Information about Ogden, Utah
To apply for this job please visit www.ogdenvalleyadaptivesports.org.