Website Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra
Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra seeks an attentive, Program Supervisor to join our operations staff at Mammoth Mountain Ski Area. The Program Supervisor oversees daily lesson operations in the DSES winter sports programs – including assigning lessons, supervising and training staff and volunteer instructors, and ensuring safe, effective and fun winter program for athletes with disabilities. We are looking for someone with a friendly, professional demeanor, strong communication skills, effective time management, and excellent attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be an adaptable, focused, attentive problem-solver who appreciates working to support others in a fast-paced nonprofit environment.
Knowledge & Skills
- A commitment to DSES’s mission and values
- Proactive with excellent attention to detail
- Effective at managing multiple projects and deadlines in a busy environment
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite ▪ Effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A commitment to exceptional guest service
- An independent, self-motivated, quick thinker who demonstrates effective time management and works enthusiastically as part of a team
- Ability to ski and/or snowboard at an expert level and safely lead others in most types of terrain
- Expert level problem solving
Education & Work Experience
- High School Graduate or equivalent. College degree in a related field preferred
- Experience in high level guest service
- PSIA/AASI instructor certification (Level 2 or higher). Additional cross-discipline certifications preferred
- Experience managing projects, making independent decisions and meeting objectives
- Familiarity with computer systems – including Microsoft office and database management – experience with Salesforce a plus
- Demonstrated volunteer and nonprofit experience desired
- Experience working with people with disabilities and their families preferred
- Experience in professional ski school operations/management preferred
- Able to sit at a desk for a significant amount of the day
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to lift and move a minimum of 60 pounds in full winter gear
- Able to work outdoors for extended periods of time in winter environment
- Coordinate operational management of adaptive lessons including lesson assignments, confirmations, add on lessons, and assignment changes.
- Be aware of safety considerations and lead mitigation of any safety related issues related to onhill lessons.
- Organize daily morning clinics including facilitating a split of groups, if needed, assigning clinics to trainers, and detailing clinic topics.
- Teach adaptive lessons and train staff instructors and volunteers as needed.
- Provide exceptional customer service for visitors, volunteers, athletes and their families, donors, and guests.
- Demonstrate superior communication skills by speaking and acting in a clear, direct, and compassionate way with others.
- Oversee upkeep of all DSES facilities and equipment – making sure items are put in the proper location and ensuring offices and meeting areas are neat and tidy. Ensuring that all adaptive equipment is in working order
- Be a role model of exceptional adaptive instruction and training.
- Provide insight and guidance to instructor staff and volunteers regarding lesson planning, instruction, adaptations for individual athletes, and professional growth
- Welcome guests, offering directions and assistance as needed.
- Support and assist other DSES staff with operational needs.
Position Title: Program Supervisor
Program: Disabled Sports Eastern Sierra
Reports to: Program Director
Compensation: $24 – $34 DOE Supervises:
Staff Instructors Status: Full-time Seasonal /Full-Time Year Round
To apply for this job email your details to CLeonard@disabledsportseasternsierra.org