Position Title: Accountant
Reports To: CFO and Accounting Manager
Classification: Full Time Employee
The Professional Ski Instructors of America and the American Association of Snowboard Instructors (PSIA-AASI) is an internationally recognized education association serving the snowsports industry, with a national membership of more than 32,000 ski and snowboard instructors. We develop award-winning programs and materials that support the training, certification, and professional development of instructors.
Position Summary: Primary duties require assisting the accounting team with daily support. Accounting needs will focus on inventory, purchase order, sales transaction processing, general ledger sales posting, and processing returns and refunds, accompanied by researching, analyzing, and reconciling discrepancies between accounting systems.
- Process e-commerce sales orders transactions.
- Assist with creating catalog purchase orders and inventory adjustments and reconciliations.
- Assist with the daily and monthly close of accounting systems including journal entry prep and posting from offline accounting systems, bank reconciliations, and financial statements preparation.
- Assist with monthly budget reporting.
- Assist with Affiliate companies accounting and bookkeeping
- Provide research and reconciliations across accounting systems.
- Assist with process improvement.
Job responsibilities and competencies identified here are not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum of 3- years of accounting experience.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Business, related field, or equivalent experience a plus.
- Experience with membership management software, BigCommerce, QuickBooks Online and Great Plains a plus.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Aptitude for product knowledge and merchandising.
- Superior interpersonal skills, including proficiency in conflict resolution and the ability to develop and maintain honest, transparent, and healthy relationships with staff, volunteers, contractors, and others within the position’s communication sphere.
- Proficiency in the use of office technologies and software, including but not limited to: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Great Plains, QuickBooks Online and database management.
- Aptitude for learning new software systems such as membership and inventory management and accounting systems.
Work will primarily be done in an office environment along with working in the merchandising warehouse when requested. Possibility of travel for conferences and events, on snow portions of association events are not required for this position.
Core Competencies (7-9 core competencies)
- Active Listening
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Analytical Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary: $45,000 – $52,000 Annually
- 401K, Health, Dental, Long-Term Disability, Vacation, Holidays, Personal and Sick Leave
- Educational Assistance and Wellness
- Leave of Absence for: Personal, Medical, Parental Academic Activity, Maternity/Pregnancy, Bereavement, Jury Duty, and Voting.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org