Website National Winter Activity Center
Race Team Development Coach (Part-Time)
The Winter4Kids Athletics Race Development Coach is responsible for helping develop the skills necessary to compete, while delivering and creating a safe and fun training environment for our athletes. Our coaches guide participants through the Winter4Kids experience, as a mentor and role model for groups of school age participants. Coaches partner with instructors to implement the day’s teaching plan, facilitate games and activities, and assess the abilities of their group.
- Strong skiing and coaching background required to ski safely & confidently in all snow conditions, on varying moderate types of terrain.
- A love of winter, a passion for skiing and a willingness to share that passion with children- experience working with teams, effectively communicating expectations, and facilitating their activities.
- Must pass background check, complete on snow training and Safesport child safety training.
- Level 100 or higher U.S. Ski and Snowboard Certification or foreign equivalent preferred
- U.S. Ski and Snowboard race experience preferred.
- P.S.I.A Certification preferred.
- Must hold and maintain a current U.S. Ski Coaches License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Personable, patient, driven, reliable and accountable skier with a love of the outdoors, a passion for coaching and mentoring children.
- Team player committed to creating a nurturing, productive and fun environment that ensures the safety, success & welfare of all participants and coworker
- Ability to help athletes develop and improve upon their ski racing ability
- Ability to ski and carry up to 75 lbs. of gear
- Guide groups of children in a fun & engaging lesson format.
- Mentor participants on Core Values
- Attend on and off snow coaches training sessions.
- Assist in teaching proper technique appropriate to the participants’ ability level.
- Promote safety & provide students with guidelines for safe skiing
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee may encounter extreme winter cold and blizzard conditions.
Winter4Kids is an outdoor activity center geared towards outdoor fun, creativity, developing healthy lifestyles and attitudes for children ages 6-17 in a safe and secure environment. To learn more, please visit: www.winter4kids.org
To apply for this job email your details to Charles.Harris@Winter4kids.org