Website Granby Ranch Ski & Ride School
Ski School Admin Supervisor
Reports To: Ski School Manager
Department: Ski School
Status: Full Time Seasonal
Salary: Wage Range $18-$21/hour
- Granby Ranch All Access pass
- Complimentary day-lift passes for friends and family (# varies based on FT/PT status)
- Free skiing at 13 Colorado Ski Resorts through the Real Deal program
- Access to Colorado Ski Country Gold Pass (22 Colorado ski areas)
- Food & Beverage discounts
- Granby Ranch Ski Rental and Tune Shop discounts
- Granby Ranch Outfitters discount
- Gear and Clothing discounts from Outdoor Pro-link, Expert Voice and Shoes for Crews
JOIN US IN THE MOUNTAINS!
At Granby Ranch, you will have a small mountain experience where families, friends and team members connect, live, play and enjoy the natural environment of the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Perks of joining our team include affordable employee housing, a season pass for Granby Ranch, free passes to more than 15 Colorado ski areas, in-house discounts in our rental, retail and restaurant outlets, and so much more!
The Ski and Ride School Admin Supervisor is responsible for daily oversight of ski rentals and ticket sales out of the Ski School and all aspects of payroll for the department. This position works closely with the Rental/Retail and Tickets/Reservations leaders to ensure proper staffing, training, and seamless communication and execution of the guest experience in the Ski and Ride School.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for maintenance, inventory, check out and check in of ski rental equipment in the Ski and Ride School including proper completion and storage of rental forms.
- Responsible for lesson/ticket sales including staffing ticket sales stations in the ski and ride school in collaboration with the Tickets manager and supervisor, ensuring stations are stocked and working properly, and troubleshooting system issues and guest issues as necessary.
- Assist with conducting Child Abuse Prevention Training and collect required paperwork for proof of attendance for all Ski and Ride School team members.
- Maintain proper scheduling for staff in the current time management system. Review and approve all schedules, time off requests, shift changes for the team.
- Maintain open lines of communication and professional, effective working relationships with rentals, reservations, and tickets departments.
- Responsible for the oversight of the Admin/Payroll position to ensure accurate timecards and instructor incentive pay and accounting of revenues, expenses and labor expenses are recorded properly.
- Responsible implementation of Ski and Ride School policies and operating procedures and offer any necessary upgrades and changes to assure safety, accuracy, accountability and security for Granby Ranch, members, guests and employees.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend and contribute in weekly staff meetings.
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist in fitting rental gear for guests, following industry technical standards.
- Ability to work with children, instructors, and other employees in a team environment.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
- Available to work weekends and peak periods, if needed.
- Ensure grooming and appearance of ski and ride school staff meet company standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Know how to load and unload a ski lift safely
- Ability to learn point of sale and payroll systems and work within it successfully.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in a demanding, fast-paced work environment.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- College degree or equivalent experience in ski industry preferred.
- Previous experience in ski rentals, ticket sales, and/or ski/ride instruction preferred.
- Previous administrative experience required.
- Minimum (2) yrs experience in a leadership role required.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs including Word and Excel.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work indoors and sometimes outside in a high alpine environment with variable and sometimes extreme winter weather conditions.
- Some 45+ hour work weeks, particularly during holiday periods.
- Must be able to stand and walk for entire shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry thirty (30) pounds or more.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO SHARE OUR ETHOS:
- Team Success. We succeed only when the team succeeds. We support each other with resources, constructive feedback, and positive encouragement.
- Continuous Improvement. We are in a constant state of innovation, evolution and adaptation, thoughtfully balanced with a sense of focus and attention to detail.
- Every Team Member Matters. We recognize the value and contributions of all team members. Whether you are a frontline team member or a divisional leader, we thrive under the philosophy that no role is insignificant.
- Professionalism & Relatability. We believe that a culture of respect, shared passion, and a sense of community is imperative to success.
How to Apply: Visit http://granbyranch.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit granbyranch.com.