" rel="nofollow">Website Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski
Snow Sports Coordinator
Grade Level: H7
Department: Ski and Snowboard School
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Ski and Snowboard School Manager
Department Number: 220
Salary and Benefits: Range $22.60-$31.08 an hour. Winter perks will be decided on later in the year, but typically free skiing and cross country for the season at Tahoe Donner locations, discounts on food & clothing, free access to the gym, possible discounts at other resorts, etc.
The role of Snowsports Teams Coordinator is to provide organizational support to all of the Ski and Snowboard School operations from both a planning and operational viewpoint. Working directly with the Snowsports School Director in the implementation of the season’s initiatives, along with having a daily guest facing presence in support of our products and services ensuring an exceptional guest experience. This position is responsible organizing and training all season-long program participants, to include all communication duties with all programs including but not limited to Race Team, Master’s Team, Recreational Team, Sunday Speedsters, and TD Tykes. This position reports directly to the Ski and Snowboard School Manager.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions).
- Provides excellent customer service to customers, employees and business partners.
- Coaches team participants on proper form, technique and equipment.
- Maintains safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility as top priority while skiing/riding and teaching.
- Teaches adult and children ski and snowboard classes according to experience and level.
- Assists with area set up, races, promotions and special events
- Assists participants with proper equipment use and proper skiing or snowboarding techniques.
- Set up racecourses and timing equipment
- Assists with snow removal including shoveling and clearing snow from walkways, stairs, equipment and other areas as needed.
- Communicates regularly with all program participants in-person, as well as via phone and email.
- Oversees all season-long programs to ensure that they are being taught to the Tahoe Donner Standard.
- Other duties as assigned by the Ski and Snowboard School Manager or senior management.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and “People” skills; Must love dealing with people.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours
- Must be willing to work holidays and busy periods
- Requires possession of a valid class C Driver’s license with a driving record meeting the minimum standards required by the Association Insurance Carrier.
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and First Aid Certifications recommended.
- Current Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA), United States Ski and Snow Board Association (USSA) certification or equivalent preferred.
- Current certification in ski binding procedures (will certify on the job)
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or associate degree from a two-year college or technical school plus one year relevant experience and/or training in the snow sports business; or an equivalent combination of formal training, education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform all of the duties of the position.
Tahoe Donner Association has reviewed this job description to ensure that the essential functions and basic duties have been included. All items listed above on the Working Environment Addendum are considered to be essential functions of the position. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Management reserves the right to revise the job description when circumstances of the position change.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com