Website Killington Snow Sports School
Snow Sports School Supervisor
Killington and Pico Resort is the biggest mountain in the East, home to the most adventure you’ll find all year long, and a great place to start, build and grow your career. With seven distinct mountain areas, including Vermont’s highest lift-serviced peak, the opportunities are endless throughout the longest ski season in the East, and into the summer with mountain biking, golf and more. Join an enthusiastic team that strives to deliver the best guest experience possible, while taking advantage of all these mountains have to offer. Killington Resort is committed to employee wellness, safety, growth opportunities, and provides a wide variety of resort benefits, including access to our unparalleled playground.
The snow sports supervisor will oversee all aspects of the Snow Sports School Ministars program for children ages 4-6. Supervise the instructors and program participants. Manage day to day operations in conjunction with the Snow Sports School Director and leadership team. This includes scheduling, payroll processing, familiarization with products, safety training, lesson allocation, instructor supervision on and off snow, and guest relations. Organize indoor activities as well as outdoor lessons, implement innovative changes to improve the overall convenience and quality of the program, and communicate with staff and guests regarding program updates.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, supervise, coordinate, monitor and evaluate the daily operations of the Snow Sports School.
- Exercise full supervisory authority over up to 75 part-time and fulltime Snow Sports school instructors.
- Plan and conduct staff meetings and training programs, including on/off snow clinics and individual instruction in teaching Snow Sports.
- Administer performance reviews.
- Confer regularly with staff to assign work, plan and coordinate activities, resolve problems.
- Plan work schedules.
- Mange safety meeting information and reports.
- Prepare daily class assignments, involving scheduling of instructors; observation of student Snow Sports levels during Snow Sports off and on-hill instruction.
- Periodically oversee daily line ups.
- Monitor on-hill instruction on a regular basis.
- Monitor snow conditions and grooming needs.
- Collaborate on terrain sculpting and terrain use needs.
- Prepare a variety of administrative/operations records and reports, including incident/accident reports.
- Confer regularly with Snow Sports Director and other company personnel to plan, coordinate and evaluate services/activities, exchange information, resolve problems, and so forth.
- Deal regularly with guests, including current and potential students, and parents of students in programs: provide information on Snow Sports school programs; assess progress; advise in further instructions.
- Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times.
- Follow the Resort Hospitality Guidelines while interacting with the guests and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field, plus 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in Snow Sports instruction and/or coaching, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and Snow Sports skills are acquired.
- PSIA-AASI Level 1 or higher
- Excellent Snow Skiing/snowboarding and technical knowledge in the field.
- Ability to coach others how to teach and ability to evaluate student levels and potentials.
- Good planning, administrative, and supervisory skills, supervisory/management training or experience required.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers and parents, as well as other company personnel.
- Computer knowledge: MS Word, MS excel, flaik and RTP experience a plus
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation: Salary position, adjusted based on experience.
- Benefits: This is a full-time, seasonal position eligible for a season pass for employee/dependents and privileges at several other resorts. Several discount programs (i.e. food & beverage, retail/rental, tickets, etc) also available.
It is the policy of Killington/Pico Ski Resort Partners, LLC to provide equal opportunity and employment to all staff and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in any condition of employment because of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, place of birth, age, physical or mental condition, or any qualified individual with a disability or veteran status.
Work where you play – Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.