Website Lookout Pass Snowsports School
Training Manager and Snow Sports Supervisor
Training Manager and Snow Sports Supervisor, looking for a passionate instructor to join our supervisor staff. Can be either a skier or snowboarder eager to train new staff and spend time on snow helping further develop skill with guests and staff. Could become a full-time, year-round role, depending on candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Train new staff in PSIA/AASI standards
- Supervise on snow
- Support administrative department needs including scheduling and sales as needed
- Maintains safety and skier/snowboarder responsibility as top priority while skiing/riding and teaching.
- Instructs group and private lessons of varying ability levels, as assigned.
- Instructs students of any age, sex and learning ability, as assigned.
- Makes continued effort to improve personal skiing/riding skills, teaching skills and knowledge.
- Serves as a public relations representative for Lookout Pass, both on and off the job.
- Greets and assists guests and staff in a friendly, helpful, respectful manner.
- Provides “little extras” to guests, such as giving directions and resort information.
- Remember that a smile and a friendly, helping hand can make a guest’s vacation.
- LISTENS to guests’ and staffs needs and concerns.
- Responsible for all information from Ski and Snowboard School bulletin boards, weekly notes and required meetings.
- Appreciates that teamwork is essential for the success of the guests, Snowsports Department and Resort.
- Cooperates with all Resort employees and co-workers in the performance of their duties.
- Maintains good humor and cooperative attitude in all dealings with guests, co-workers and supervisors
- 5 years teaching experience
- AASI level 2 OR PSIA level 3 certification (current) and CS 1
- 1 year of supervisory and trainer experience preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and “People” skills; must love dealing with people.
- Must be adaptable and willing to learn, grow and improve.
- Must maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm on the job.
- Must be able to work long and irregular hours under stress.
- Must maintain a cheerful, professional attitude.
- Must be willing to work holidays and busy periods
- Must be a team player.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com