Applications are due by 5 pm Feb 1st.
Applications must be complete, including recommendation letters, to be considered. Please read the criteria carefully. The Scholarship Committee will consider awards to qualified applicants for educational, accreditation, and certification events. Awards may be retroactive for an event attended earlier in the current season.
- Applications are for “Active” Western members in good standing who are currently employed in the Western Region Snowsports School
- Only one scholarship application for one event, per member, per season
- Applications for Western Events only and not transferrable to another Region with the exception of Sodergren Fund applications for National and International (Interski) events. (see requirements)
- Letters of Recommendation must be dated and no older than one year
- Scholarships are for event fees only except for some Sodergren Fund Scholarships
To apply, submit the online application and attach (upload) the following supporting materials in a PDF:
- A cover letter stating the event for which you are seeking the scholarship. The letter should include a concise history of your background in the industry. If you have experiences that demonstrate prior volunteerism and a willingness to give back to your school and other instructors, this would be a good place to list them. Please review the criteria for each award or scholarship and include information indicating why we should choose you and how you would use the award to “give back” to the industry, your snowsports school, and your fellow instructors by being a better instructor.
- A letter of recommendation from a person who understands your commitment and contribution to the snowsports education lifestyle. This can be someone in the industry or outside that has the expertise or experience to evaluate your character, skills, and motivations. You may use the Letter of Recommendation Form or a standard letter format.
Applicants who are awarded a scholarship will be requested to submit a statement to the Education Foundation following their event describing the value of the experience, the value of the scholarship, and how it has made or will make them better instructors. The statement may be published in PSIA-AASI emails to the membership or in the regional newsletter.
Scholarships may be awarded to cover the fee for an event, partially or fully. General Education and Adaptive Scholarship funds are not awarded to cover travel or other expenses related to the event. Sodergren Scholarships may include additional funds for event travel, lodging, and other related expenses if it is part of the package from the organization holding the event. Please review Sodergren Fund scholarship requirements. Please be aware that the number of applications always exceeds the available funding, so not all applicants can be awarded a scholarship. Scholarship amounts vary in amount in order to serve the requests of more applicants. Only one application per year. Thank you for your interest in continuing your snowsports education.